: Re: MSI 6800 EPROM Software

Frank Tuccio frank at tuccio.net
Tue Feb 23 15:45:59 CST 2021

Message: 5
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 21:45:24 -0600
From: Jon Elson <elson at pico-systems.com>
To: Brad H <unclefalter at yahoo.ca>, General at ezwind.net,
	Discussion at ezwind.net:On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts
	<cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Subject: Re: MSI 6800 EPROM Software

On 02/22/2021 01:31 PM, Brad H via cctalk wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> A longshot I'm sure - but I am wondering if anyone familiar with MSI
(Midwest Scentific - SS50 bus system) would happen to have a copy of the
software for their 1702A EPROM burner, I think the model is PR-1.  I just
picked one up and am eager to see if I can use it to read/burn 1702As,
something that has been an issue for me for a while now.

Reading them is pretty easy.  BURNING them is crazy.  They
need an 80 V power supply, and I think you XOR the address
or something as you apply the programming voltage.

Jon

Actually,  programming a 1702 only requires a  -48 volt pulse for each
address.  Here's the datasheet:
https://www.jmargolin.com/patents/1702a.pdf