Keys for startech 25U server rack

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Feb 23 18:12:33 CST 2021

On 2/23/21 9:09 AM, Grant Taylor via cctalk wrote:
> On 2/23/21 7:43 AM, Joshua Rice wrote:
>> Deviant Ollam on Youtube does some fantastic lectures/videos on
>> physical security, and makes it horrifyingly clear how pointless locks
>> and physical security often is.
>
> Locks, of any type, only keep honest people honest.
>
> Actually stopping would be bad actors is an entirely different problem.
>
> To whit, many locks / enclosures are simply tamper evidence tags.

I did check with Startech and they used to offer replacement keys *with*
replacement door locks only.   It seems they're out of replacements.

For whatever reason, the front and back doors use a double-sided key
that's quite different from the side panels, which use what look to be
commodity cam locks.

Oh well, not that I want to lock this thing, but the side panels use the
cam locks as part of the retention mechanism.   At least those can be
easily and cheaply replaced.

--Chuck