TI 960

James B DiGriz jbdigriz at dragonsweb.org
Mon Feb 22 08:50:18 CST 2021

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 16:00:36 -0800
Al Kossow via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On 2/21/21 3:59 PM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
> > I'm assuming these are 960s
> > Not very often you see paper tape software for them
> > Price is absurd for the mixed bag that is there
> >
> > https://www.ebay.com/itm/Texas-Instruments-Mainframe-Computers-With-Parts-and-Other-Computers/20328577123
> >
> https://www.ebay.com/itm/Texas-Instruments-Mainframe-Computers-With-Parts-and-Other-Computers/203285771237

Definitely Two 960A's with programmer panels, systems disassembled, no
telling how much missing. I see what looks like CRU bus proto boards
amidst either spares or the contents of 960 chassis. I do see at
least 1 drive of some kind. The racks are nice. Also see DEC, Arete, and
AT&T gear in there as well, among other things, some unremarkable, like
Dell P4 mobos.

This is the seller that wants a grand for the 733 ASR, right? For its
"Apple 1" keyboard? Maybe they want $7K here because of the
3b1's keyboard.

You'd really have to go see the stuff to get a better idea of what the
seller has and what shape it's in, to make some kind of reasonable
offer. Hopefully somebody local could do that, if the seller is
agreeable.

Thanks,
jbdigriz