APL\360

dwight dkelvey at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 1 13:03:00 CST 2021

My point was that the metric system is easier because we chose to use a decimal number system.
Things like using fractional measurements as in the Imperial system are actually better for designing with. Fractional numbers work better with things like cross sectional areas and strength. Look at typical metric bolt sizes.
I agree things like ounces per pound are broken thinking.
Giving up fractional dimensions to make it easer to match our decimal number system is also broken.
Dwight