OT: Traveling to Zurich in February

Van Snyder van.snyder at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 17 14:19:04 CST 2021

On Fri, 2021-12-17 at 10:07 -0500, Bill Degnan via cctalk wrote:

> around 1830 was a piece of paper with a note written by his
> granddaughter
> many years later about someone called "Count von Burlowe" (spelling?)
> about
> a partnership to found or make commercial a health resort called "Bad
> Krautzma",

There was a  von Bülow family of 19th-century German (not Swiss)
diplomats and statesmen, from Hamburg.

There is a health spa at Bad Kreuznach, about 40 km southwest of Mainz
(about 60 km southwest of Frankfurt).

My paternal ancestors are from a village called Planig, now a suburb of
Bad Kreuznach, and a nearby village called Pfaffen-Schwabenheim. If you
want genealogy information, contact Westdeutsche Gessenschaft für
Familienforschung (West German Genealogy Society). I can put you into
contact with two members.

Van Snyder