TU56 DECtape takeup reel needed

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Fri Dec 17 09:13:25 CST 2021

> On Dec 17, 2021, at 9:44 AM, Mike Katz via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> I am also in need of emtpy reels.  I purchased a TU56 that had been taken apart to restore and the restoration had never been finished. The empty reels were not in the box of parts.
>
> Has anyone tried 3D printing these?

Interesting idea.  A while ago someone posted a picture of what looks like a "go/no-go" gauge for DECtape reels.  It is marked with the dimensions of the two sides: 2.504-2.505 inches for the "no-go" end, 2.494-2.495 for the "go" end.  So that tells us the hole diameter is 2.500 +/- .004.  Can 3D printing deliver that sort of tolerance (with hobbyist-price machines)?

	paul