PDP-11/70 Boards

Mike Katz bitwiz at 12bitsbest.com
Wed Dec 8 16:44:14 CST 2021

"As a general rule, a variable transformer (Variac) can provide full
rated current at any output voltage. So a 2.5A unit can provide 2.5 A at
1V, 10V, 120V, etc. With a 20V output, that is 50 VA (Watts, sort of)."

Up to the current rating of the variac.  When you draw more current than
the transformer can deliver then the voltage will sag.