3d modelling software

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Mon Aug 23 13:35:13 CDT 2021

On 23/08/2021 17:29, Rob Jarratt via cctalk wrote:
> I think I may need to get a small part 3d printed (some plastic board
> mounting guide rails from a PDP 11/24 H7140 PSU). What software is best for
> a novice? Preferably free!

The hobbyist version of Fusion 360 is free.  It's what I use.  I've
tried FreeCAD more than once but it still has some serious bugs.
Tinkercad is also free but more limited and although it might be easier
to get started with, it's more difficult to do some operations in.  I'd
avoid Sketchup because it's renowned for producing faulty STL files
unless you're careful.

If you want some help, you know I'm not very far away.  I can certainly
I can test STL files out for you, and possibly even print some,
depending on what they are.

--
Pete
Pete Turnbull