Ultrix-11

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 20 17:30:14 CDT 2021

On 8/20/21 4:25 PM, Peter Allan via cctalk wrote:
> The idea of using an RA81 drive as it is bigger sounds like a simple
> solution, but does it actually give a larger /usr partition?

By default, no.

/dev/ra00       4606    3080    1526    67%    /
/dev/ra01       9598    2849    6749    30%    /usr
/dev/ra03     423041    8773  414268     2%    /user1

I used partition 3 which is the rest of the disk not used by Ultrix-11
and then did the symbolic link thing in the installs.

>                                                               Even though an
> RD54 drive is not huge, most of it is not taken up by the root partition
> plus the /usr partition, but is available for use as (on the video at
> least) /user1.

That is true, but I seem to remember that even then it is not enough
space for a full install.  And I plan to put the sources on as well.

> I will give it a try after the weekend and see what happens.

It's all good fun.  But, as I said, the real fun doesn't begin until
you go to build a new kernel with more features in it.

bill