Help reading a 9 track tape

Van Snyder van.snyder at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 4 15:11:59 CDT 2021

Paul Pierce <prp at teleport.com> read some 7-track and 9-track tapes for
me about twenty years ago. He was in Portland, OR at the time. His
"lab" was on the east side of the Willamette river, so maybe it didn't
get burned down.
I don't know whether he still has a setup to read tapes. His software
would read blocks forward and backward, including the parity frames,
and make corrections.
Van Snyder