Branching the thread away from Compaq deskpro boards: "What We Have Lost"

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Sun Aug 1 14:24:21 CDT 2021

On 8/1/21 11:45 AM, brainded ben via cctalk wrote:

> I suspect if they had the proper virtual memory, it would have been picked
> up as a Unix cpu

Pull your head out of your ass. Unisoft had a very profitable business porting
Unix to 68000 computers (note, NOT 68010) The Apple Lisa's 68000 ran Unisoft
Unix and Xenix.

The whole world of Stanford SUN CPU workstation wannabes existed before the
Sun port of BSD and the 'brain transplant'. Originally, Sun Microsystems'
workstation ran Unisoft with a 68000.