DEC RF08/RS08 module placement info

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 15:19:20 CDT 2021

Here is a link of some photos I took some hurry during the evening.

https://imgur.com/a/zN3tZAV

Does it make any sense to you?  There were same cables that was obscuring
the view which were hard to get out of the way. Please tell me if you can
make any  sense out of it.

A quick check of the drawings didn’t reveal any module placement drawing. I
will check in more detail tomorrow.

/Mattis

söndag 25 april 2021 skrev Josh Dersch <derschjo at gmail.com>:

> On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 1:55 PM Mattis Lind <mattislind at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Den sön 25 apr. 2021 kl 22:43 skrev Josh Dersch via cctalk <
>> cctalk at classiccmp.org>:
>>
>>> Hi all --
>>>
>>> In addition to the 11/45 project I'm also working on restoring an
>>> RF08/RS08
>>> fixed head disk/controller (in the vain hopes of one day running TSS/8 on
>>> my PDP-8/I).  I have the power supply repaired and running and I'm
>>> getting
>>> ready to power the logic up (the disc itself will be a project all its
>>> own,
>>> once it arrives).
>>>
>>> I'd like to double-check that all the flip chips are in their right
>>> places;
>>> I have no cause to think they've been shuffled around but I want to be
>>> sure.  The engineering docs have detailed schematics but no placement
>>> chart
>>> for the modules themselves.  Given enough time with the schematics I
>>> could
>>> derive this chart but I'm saving that as a last resort.  So, two
>>> possibilities here:
>>>
>>> 1) Does anyone know of a document I've overlooked that includes module
>>> placement?
>>> 2) Can someone with an RF08 and/or RS08 take a few detailed pictures of
>>> the