DEC PDP-11/45 backplane +5 ECO

Paul Birkel pbirkel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 02:03:14 CDT 2021

Mueller via cctalk
> Sent: Monday, April 26, 2021 2:27 AM
> To: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts
> Subject: Re: DEC PDP-11/45 backplane +5 ECO
>

> > On Apr 24, 2021, at 7:02 PM, Josh Dersch <derschjo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If you have notes on re-creating the harness, let me know.
>
> Hi Josh,
>
> A few pointers -- I think I left some of these in a comment on one of your
fb posts,
> but will repeat here in case others may find it useful:

Thank you for not hiding your experience on Facebook!

> * Sticking with the original wire color code also makes it a lot easier
not to get lost
> and later to double check and troubleshoot your work.  I used MTW
("Machine Tool Wire"),
> which is available from wirebarn.com at 14 and 18 AWG in most of the
necessary colors
> and in 25 and 100 foot lengths (I think the 18 AWG purple I had to find
separately on eBay,
> but I have lots of leftover of that and will gladly send you some.)
>
>   --FritzM.

And thank you for the pointer to Wirebarn.  Much better stock than at Home
Depot :->.

https://www.wirebarn.com/14-AWG-MTW-MACHINE-TOOL-HOOKUP-WIRE_c_23.html
https://www.wirebarn.com/18-AWG-MTW-MACHINE-TOOL-HOOKUP-WIRE_c_25.html

Those assortments are great.  Also the single color in various lengths:

https://www.wirebarn.com/14-Gage-Machine-Tool-Wire-MTW_c_111.html
https://www.wirebarn.com/18-Gage-Machine-Tool-Wire-MTW_c_84.html

-----
paul