hp 9145 capstan replacement

Curious Marc curiousmarc3 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 22:11:59 CDT 2021

I tired several methods which worked to some extent (afore mentioned silicone tubes, shrink wrap, eBay bought molded rubber  overwraps, machined grooves and add O-rings), but now I just strip my capstans clean and coat them with plasti-dip. Methods in shown my various videos (like here https://youtu.be/cTZCD4OXETk ). Only plastidip and o-rings have been durable enough in the long run, and plasti-dip is easier. I have not done a capstan this large though. There are also some folks out there that will also commercially recoat a capstan with correctly molded and vulcanized rubber.
Marc