ISO intel iPDS-100 w/8085 pod (UK)

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Fri Apr 23 03:46:10 CDT 2021

On 4/23/2021 1:11 AM, Adrian Graham via cctalk wrote:
>   8085 ICE
  scope and LA

The latter will only let you trace but have run control to stop or do
other actions (dump rom and memory spaces).  Sometimes there are tricks
to dump the memory space w/o ICE, but still nice to have an idea what is
going on and being able to dump registers, etc.

BTW ICE is more useful for development and finding design flaws rather
than troubleshooting.  Saying this as an employee of a maker of an ARM,
Intel x86 / x64, Itanium and AMD processors.

The other ICE I had (may have survived) is two Z8 boxes, and a few of
the Intel ICEs for 286 and 386.

Having the processor not functional means it isn't likely that the ICE
will do anything w/o applying effort to figure why it goes nuts in the
first place.

If you are after bit rot, however it might be nice to use.

I am guessing you put up the same complaint over on Twitter?

Do you have any parts of the MDS, or were you looking for the entire rig
with the 8085 ICE?  A friend has a ton of parts from a scrapping
operation eon ago, could check with him if you have a working MDS to see
if he has any complete ICE for that.

thanks
Jim