DEC BA11-K KY11-L mounting brackets -- how?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Apr 20 18:14:31 CDT 2021

    > From: Fritz Mueller

    > Pictures of my brackets should be viewable at
    > https://photos.app.goo.gl/wni3mDAQHozK9Ho27

I couldn't get them to display on my modern Window laptop, using either the
Edge or Explorer browsers. I had to get my wife to show them to me on her
Apple laptop. Not a great site to use for photos.

    > The interesting/confusing bit for me is the bottom part... In the
    > second picture you can see that my brackets just have a punched oval
    > hole at the bottom, and not a "tapped hole" per your description above.

Odd. The adapters on mine look _almost_ identical to yours, but _definitly_
have a #8 press fit threaded bushing at the bottom. Then there are a pair of
holes in the folded-over bit, and a pair of machine screws go through
superimposed holes in the flat part, and into tapped holes in the KY11-L
bezel, which hold the adapter to the bezel. The 1" long #8 machine screw
then holds the adapter to the tabs in the BA11-K.

To do the other mounting hardware, in Henk's picture, there's a flat metal
plate, with i) a hole in each end, and ii) a threaded hole in the middle. Two
machine screws (#8, I thihk) hold the flat plate to the bezel, then another
screw (#10, maybe) holds that U-shaped piece in Henk's picture to the flat
piece, and then a pair of #10 screws hold that to the tabs in the BA11-K.
(All machine screws above face forward.)

    >> I'm too burned out (COVID long haul) at the moment

    > Something a lot of us are going to have to face in the upcoming
    > months/years, it seems -- wishing you best!

Hey, it could be worse!	:-)

Has the classic computers commuinity lost anyone to COVID? I know we've
lost a few in the last year, but I don't recall if any were COVID.

	Noel