eBay sellers

William Donzelli wdonzelli at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 17:49:29 CDT 2021

As a very experienced Ebay (and now Etsy!) seller, I can say this...

> They sent a nice peply, but didn't alter their listing!

We don't trust you buyers.

Sellers of collectibles and antiques get bombarded with nitpicks and
corrections. Often these are right, but often they are wrong. And
sometimes it is very clearly intended to lessen the value of the thing
being sold. So unless it is something that can easily and quickly be
researched and confirmed - we sellers will mostly just let things fly,
and let the buyers figure it out.

That being said, if I was the seller of this item and you, Noel, sent
me a comment like this, I would think "Oh, it's Noel, he knows his
stuff. I will deal with this". But if someone I do not know did the
same, I would maybe send a thank you note, think about it for a minute
or so to see if investing a bunch of research time is worth it, and
likely do nothing. Let the buyers figure it out.

--
Will