Looking for video (or photos) depicting how to remove ASR 33 printer from keyboard

Curious Marc curiousmarc3 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 12:27:43 CDT 2021

Bill,

Misprinted characters could also come from a shoe not set properly on a rail, or the print head needing oiling. I had both problems on mine. I think it’s this video here https://youtu.be/x_Di7KpHubc . You need to remove the carriage, which can be done without removing the printer.

Also the H piece is a pain in the arse. Note that there is a direction to it, it’s not symmetric. Pay attention of which direction the long side is when you remove it, and make sure to put it back the same way.

Also one of the side plates in between which the H is held has a spring, the other does not. To get it out (and back in), you want to push the H and compress that spring, using a long screwdriver in the slot of the H made just for that. Should be easy enough.

Putting it back is the tough part. I eventually was able to do it in seconds using a long pair of forceps to hold the H in the correct position, and the aforementioned long screwdriver to do the pushing. With screwdriver alone it’s possible but very frustrating and takes many trials.

Marc