Apollo Date Bug

Kurt Nowak knowak at alumni.calpoly.edu
Wed Apr 7 01:16:03 CDT 2021

Hi All,

Back after a long time away from this list... I happen to have a small herd
of Apollo DN3500/4500 boxen which i pulled out the other day to see if they
still run. Sure enough they still boot up (one has a flaky PS but i have a
few spares). Anyway, the last time i fired one of them up (runs SR 10.4.1)
was around 2015 and it still was able to deal with the current date back
then. This last time the other day I did an EX CALENDAR to reset the date
to the current date and it defaulted to some date in 2015 again and i
wasn't even able to log on using my known login. I figured it was due to
the well known date bug so i reset the date back to 2013 (of course it
warned me about possible duplicate file IDs, etc) but I was able to log in
again.
My question, has there been any progress in fixing the date bug by anyone
(who still has some of these machines) (I'm thinking guys like R.
Stricklin..). Or is this pretty much a dead end? I know HP put out a
"patch" which according to Jim Rees's page was never really an effective
patch to begin with...Any insight would be appreciated.

-Kurt