Shipping via USPS Los Angeles is STALLED

Ali cctalk at ibm51xx.net
Wed Sep 30 10:05:02 CDT 2020

Hi Bill,
I haven't seen any issues with USPS in LA. It is actually been super smooth. For example I shipped out a package last week media mail. It was slated to arrive in Illinois tomorrow. Arrived yesterday, a whole two days early. Most of the stuff I have been getting from eBay has been arriving early as well. Only issue seems to be China and to smaller extent all international mail. -Ali
-------- Original message --------From: Bill Degnan via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> Date: 9/30/20  6:41 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts" <cctalk at classiccmp.org> Subject: Shipping via USPS Los Angeles is STALLED I have a vintage computer sitting in the LA USPS since 9/17, with nofurther updates.  I have read in the local papers there that the entirepost office has ground to a halt.  What's going on there?  I have neverheard of anything like this.  I assume my package will survive but think ofthe zoo there if they've been stacking packages for TWO WEEKS.  I'dstrongly suggest not attempting to ship anything out of LA for the timebeing.  WOW.I know people complain about the post office, I am not complaining, juststating the facts.  Normally the USPS is reliable.  They must really haveoverall problems in southern CA due to the fire and related managementissues.BIll