What's the secret to LK201 leaf springs?

Adam Thornton athornton at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 12:41:05 CDT 2020

I got an LK201 recently that was a little damaged in transit.  A couple of the keycap assemblies and their corresponding leaf springs have come off.  I can see how the leaf springs fit on the little posts on the keycap assemblies, and I can see where those snap into the board, but what I don’t see is how to get that put together and then keep it together while I turn it over and then get it in place.

Clearly there is some simple trick I am missing.  What is it?

Adam