R65F11

Doug Jackson doug at doughq.com
Sun Oct 25 16:53:21 CDT 2020

WOW!!

I Have one of those ETI boards, and I based my final Electronics
Engineering project on its big brother, the 65F12.

>From memory, I spent days trying to understand why you had to issue a HEX
1800 MEMTOP command before using the disk.  ETI Suggested that it was
because the system had to know where the top of memory was, but it was
because of a bug in that version of the kernel.

The 65F11 had all of the headless primitive in kernel rom, and used a
development ROM that contained the higher level words.   I Loved the
concept, but the silicon was expensive and as it turned out, rara.  Nobody
knows anything about these chips.

At Uni, we hav Novix NC4016 dev boards with FDD support - they were FAST...
One cycle could see the CPU read the next instruction, write a byte to the
stack, and write a byte to I/O - all because it used three (or 4) separate
busses.

I'm here in Australia, and would merrily give it a home. :-)

Kindest regards,

Doug Jackson

em: doug at doughq.com
ph: 0414 986878

Check out my awesome clocks at www.dougswordclocks.com
Follow my amateur radio adventures at vk1zdj.net

Just like an old fashioned letter, this email and any files transmitted
with it should probably be treated as confidential and intended solely for
your own use.

Please note that any interesting spelling is usually my own and may have
been caused by fat thumbs on a tiny tiny keyboard.

Should any part of this message prove to be useful in the event of the
imminent Zombie Apocalypse then the sender bears no personal, legal, or
moral responsibility for any outcome resulting from its usage unless the
result of said usage is the unlikely defeat of the Zombie Hordes in which
case the sender takes full credit without any theoretical or actual legal
liability. :-)

Be nice to your parents.

Go outside and do something awesome - Draw, paint, walk, setup a
radio station, go fishing or sailing - just do something that makes you
happy.

^G ^G ^G ^G ^G ^G ^G ^G- In more laid back days this line would literally
sing ^G ^G ^G ^G ^G ^G ^G ^G