non-shunting jumpers?

brian at quarterbyte.com brian at quarterbyte.com
Thu Oct 22 13:30:40 CDT 2020

Hi all,

Oddball question here: has anyone ever seen a way to cap off or protect
standard 0.1" pin header jumpers? Maybe there exist jumper plugs that *don't
*conduct across the two pins? I'm looking at a piece of hardware that has
some jumper pins on top of the PC board and I'd like to protect against
anything accidentally making contact.  I have seen surface mount 0.05 pitch
pin headers come from their manufacturer with protective caps, but I
haven't been able to find anything to apply to 0.1" pin headers that I
could by aftermarket.

Any ideas would be appreciated!
thanks
brian