Identifying a Mystery ISA Card

Richard Cini rich.cini at verizon.net
Thu Oct 15 19:35:09 CDT 2020

Good point, Fred. My frame of reference was the AT, which is the machine for which I had to hunt down the software.

On 10/15/20, 8:28 PM, "cctalk on behalf of Fred Cisin via cctalk" <cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org on behalf of cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

    On Thu, 15 Oct 2020, Richard Cini via cctalk wrote:
    > Well, it looks like one of those memory/multi-IO/clock boards like the AST RAMPACK+. I would take a look at this site (which you might already know):
    > https://stason.org/TULARC/pc/memory-cards/index.html
    > When I was looking for jumpers, etc., for both the AboveBoard AT and BOCARAM I have, I started here. Maybe if you browse the links, something will pop-up. I know that these boards often have special drivers for expanded memory; extended memory should just "show up". I would hope that the other ports/devices (clock, parallel, serial and game) are at standard PC addresses.

    For an 8 bit multi-function card of that era, there would be hard switches
    for memory starting address (NO "Extended" nor "Expanded" RAM), and, since
    the 5150 supported multiple parallel and serial ports, switches for
    identifying which ones of those they would be.

    If you plug it into a 256K PC, with no serial and parallel, . . . \
    The RAM is PROBABLY set to start at 256K.
    If there are no other serial and parallel ports, then various diagnostic
    programs will tell you whether the parallel is LPT1, LPT2, ...
    and the serial as COM1, COM2, ...

    Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com