AOL CD and other old PC software...

William Sudbrink wh.sudbrink at verizon.net
Thu Oct 15 11:55:36 CDT 2020

Like most of us, as a result of COVID, I've been mostly stuck at home.

Consequently, I've been going through and organizing a lot of boxes

of old stuff that just accumulated and I did not consider to be part of my

vintage computing collection.  However, I have noticed (and chuckled

over) the fact  that others are collecting computers and software that I

"just used".  Anyway, I'm finding stuff that I think others may appreciate

more than I and I'm wondering about its value.

First, I have what I believe is a pretty early AOL CD and I understand that

it may be collectable.  It includes the original silver, blue and red
cardboard

sleeve that reads (in part):

America Online CD-ROM!

IT'S NEW!  IT'S FREE!

Now with World Wide Web Browser!

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.  Most of what I find with

Google seems to be related to a boom about five years ago.

I have also found boxes full of other software, along with their original
packaging.

Original DOOM, original Lemmings, Wing Commander, Wing Commander II, Falcon,

several old Microsoft Flight Sims, etc., etc.

Thanks,

Bill Sudbrink