Firing up the pdt11

Chris Zach cz at alembic.crystel.com
Sun Oct 11 19:11:26 CDT 2020

I'm back to working on the PDT11/150 again, the bottom floppy is weird:
It doesn't read rx01 disks, period. Top one is fine. So I tried swapping
all of the connectors on the control board so the top one was PD1: and
the bottom was PD0: Sure enough the top drive works fine as PD1: and
bottom is still dead so it's a drive issue.

Pull the drive, put in a spare, button it up, and sure enough it still
doesn't work. Any ideas?

Also I recall my MiniMinc/150 (which is in parts in my shed) had EIS and
FIS, but this one only reports FIS. Did DEC make pdp11/03 expansion
chips that only had FIS?