The best hard drives??

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Sun Nov 22 05:07:42 CST 2020

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 10:34:10AM +0100, mazzinia--- via cctalk wrote:
> Interesting read,

> What is your opinion of the Seagate exos 7e8 units ? (and does SED make any
> difference in ensuring a bit more quality of the platters)

I've not used them, but Exos disks ought to be be just fine. You don't stay in
business by selling junk to enterprise customers.

The Exos 2X14 is a fascinating device due to its dual actuators, and thus has
twice the throughput and IOPS. It's like getting two 7TB disks in a single 3.5"
slot and uses just one SATA/SAS lane so good for high storage density. I
suspect it makes it twice as unreliable though. I also can't find them for sale
anywhere.