Living Computer Museum

John Herron barythrin at gmail.com
Fri May 29 16:38:39 CDT 2020

Derailing a little bit but did the LCM loan things or allow folks to bring
in equipment to fix it get running?  Was sort of curious when hanging out
in their library area thinking it's a lot like all my bookshelves for
things I haven't done but could. I feel like I saw software there also.
Though maybe that would just be piracy if not open source or freeware.

I think what folks don't realize is the amount of big iron that is running
in the vintage server room (which was amazing btw. Love the terminals and
ability to log into so many systems!). Before our goodwill computer musuem
in Austin died (also unfortunate goodwill management not seeing it as a
profit) the curator was eager to have things also hands on. Similar to what
I liked doing at our ex-VCF south(west). Had systems on and enjoyed both
kids and adults getting to play with the hardware and type some things into
basic or play a game on the c64. Given I was right there and did start to
thing I should gather backup systems/hardware but it all went fine.

 - John