13W3 to HDMI/DisplayPort

Alan Perry aperry at snowmoose.com
Sun May 24 10:16:10 CDT 2020

> On May 24, 2020, at 06:31, emanuel stiebler via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> On 2020-05-23 21:35, Alan Perry via cctalk wrote:
>> Anyone here know of a SVGA-to-HDMI (or DisplayPort) adapter that a 13W3-to-SVGA adapter
>> so I can connect my Sun frame buffers to a HDMI display? I am hoping someone here has already figured this one out.
>
> SVGA should be possible, but Sun Frame Buffer? Which ones are you
> talking about?
>
> Resolution? Framerate?

Which frame buffers? The typical cg3 cg6 with 13W3. Resolution? Framerate? Don’t care as long as it displays.

Every flat panel display with a SVGA connector that I have had has worked with my 13W3-to-SVGA adapters. I have seen adapters that do the SVGA to HDMI part. I am asking if someone else here has figured out which one(s) work in this application.