Microsoft open sources GWBASIC

Diane Bruce db at db.net
Sat May 23 06:30:50 CDT 2020

I've kept quiet on this thread but now I'm getting curious since I was
the one tasked in porting our vendor copy of GWBASIC to the
Dynalogic Hyperion. The original work had been done by a contractor
and his graphics weren't particularly fast.  As I remember it, it was
provided with hooks for the various routines but no source.
I also remember having to relocate the program to high
memory since a lot of BASIC programmers were fond of poking into low
RAM since of course BASIC is in ROM right?

Diane
--
- db at FreeBSD.org db at db.net http://www.db.net/~db