PDF of FANUC TAPE READER A860-0056-T020 Manual Wtd.

Bill Degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Wed May 13 08:27:47 CDT 2020

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 2:32 AM steven--- via cctech <cctech at classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> > Here is the Ebay auction, I hope the manual is included assuming the
> 50-pin
> > port is the output port.
> >

> https://www.ebay.com/itm/GUARANTEED-GOOD-USED-FANUC-TAPE-READER-A860-0056-T020/392104833775?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
>

> Perhaps try the IndustryArena CNC forum at https://www.cnczone.com/ they
> have some FANUC postings there at the moment.
>
> Steve.

Once I learned that there is a "BTR" that the machine tool industry used to
migrate from papertape to computer storage I was able to track down what
route and part options I had for interfacing with the FANUC interface
board.  Mine is A20B-0004-0270.  This is a pretty common reader they're all
over Ebay, etc.

I read through posts on the subject, the most useful post was this one:
https://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/cnc-machining/drip-feed-fanuc-6mb-226479/

I also took a careful look at the control board.  Determined the name of
the connector, searched the web for references to that 50 pin connector and
found that there are vendors who sell interfaces to it.  Botta bing.

Bill