Replacing Power LED on MicroVAX 3100/95 Power Supply

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sun May 10 07:54:33 CDT 2020

In fixing my PSU I managed to break the leads to the LED on the front of the
PSU, probably through metal fatigue.

I seem to remember people saying it is quite difficult to replace these,
mainly because you can't get them out without breaking the holder. Is that
right? Has anyone done this successfully and have any tips?

Are there any recommendations for a replacement? If I remember correctly the
LEDs used in those days were not as bright as modern ones and a modern one
would end up being much brighter because of the higher voltage maybe?

Thanks

Rob