Heathkit H8 and other items on Minneapolis craigslist

Mike Begley spam at hell.org
Tue May 5 20:06:13 CDT 2020

Hey, all.

I was browsing various craigslist places around the US and found someone selling off a substantial collection of classic micros outside Minneapolis

His ad is here:
https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/sys/d/silver-lake-vintage-computer-collection/7100922754.html

Through our email chats I've determined that he has these components of an old Heathkit system of unknown workingness:

H8
H17-3 floppy drive
H17-2 drive chassis
Zenith data systems ZVM-131 monitor

Also, he has a terminal made by Data-100, for which I can't find much info but I suspect will be a 3270-compatible terminal of some sort.

He also has a variety of micros, particularly some Atari 8-bit, Apple II , CoCos, and other things.  The photos in the ad only show a fraction of what he has.  He's not terribly knowledgeable - he came into this stuff as part of an estate cleanout and had 4 pickup truck loads of this stuff, so who knows what has been lost.

I let him know that I would be posting here, so feel free to reach out to him directly.

Anyway, I figured I'd post this here given that someone in the Minneapolis area might be interested in checking some of this stuff out, in a covid-compliant manner, of course...

-mike