At&T Unix PC, Tape drive

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon May 4 10:51:56 CDT 2020

On 5/4/20 6:17 AM, systems_glitch via cctalk wrote:
> The tape interface I have for my UNIX PC is indeed a floppy tape interface,
> says "FTAPE" near the connector on the outside. I haven't paired a drive
> with it yet.

Easy enough to tell without opening things up.  The Cipher 525 is a
full-height drive; cartridges are inserted and locked in by a lever
located just below (or above) the tape slot, that, when a cart is loaded
obstructs the tape cart access by requiring a quarter-turn from being
horizontal to vertical.

It's the only floppytape drive that I'm aware of that works this way.

--Chuck