APL-11

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 31 07:45:02 CDT 2020

On 3/31/20 8:37 AM, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:

>> On Mar 30, 2020, at 10:30 PM, Mark Matlock via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>
>>> According to the Ref Manual, that's the one I was looking for.
>>> Now to mount the RL on RSTS and see what it takes to build it
>>> there.  I'll let the list know how I make out in case someone
>>> else is interested.
>>>
>>> bill
>>    The RL02 image is RSX Files-11, and I’m not sure if you can mount that with RSTS. I could move it to a RT-11 formatted RL02 or if your RSTS system is on HECnet I can put it where you could get it that way.
>
> RSTS won't read ODS.  It does know how to read RT11 file structure (with a standard utility).

Problem with that is all the files get jumbled into one directory
and I am sure the build will want them in the right proj,uid locations
in order to work.  I am thinking a backup tape may do the job.  SPD's
seem to say that later versions of RSX and RSTS had compatible BACKUP
formats.  We'll see.  If that don't work there is always kermit.  :-)

bill