VAXmate PSU

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sun Mar 29 05:41:43 CDT 2020

Thanks Matt, I just found that bit in the documentation and realised I am not generating enough load. I will have to add more. I did connect the 5V load because as you say it wasn't connected.

> As Mattis has mentioned there looks to be a crowbar circuit on the secondary
> side (Q2) to provide overvoltage protection. The 5V and 12V output are shorted
> by Q2, which causes the primary side to sense an overcurrent condition and
> shut the supply down.

I can't test it now until I get another fuse, but I am sure I didn't see this happen, although it seems to be quite hard to tell.