Prime 50-Series emulator announcement

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 24 09:54:10 CDT 2020

On 3/18/20 7:51 PM, Dennis Boone via cctalk wrote:
> I've uploaded an updated set of sample system images.  Jim worked
> through rebuilding the disk files with more filesystem and paging space,
> and we enhanced the run script wrapper a bit.  There are also a couple
> of help text tweaks, system startup fixes, etc.
>
> The tarball is 142882727 bytes, and its sha256sum is
> 32647dbcc3a0d541209eafc2f78d054e456d58046c9b3c5bc4ca64a8d9fc0037.

Dennis,

   Is there anywhere we can find a list of what is avaiable on each of
those  images?  I tried a few and at least one has all the compilers
but no emacs.  Another has emacs but apparently no compilers. :-)

I'm impressed so far but would really like to find systems that I
can do some real programming on.  Is it possible for someone to
build a Rev 24 image with everything on it?

My last real work with Primos was during the move from Rev 19
to Rev 20.  I am amazed at how much I have forgotten and really
regret having gotten rid of all my documentation (at least I
think I did, I suppose it is possible there is still a box in
the attic full of Prime manuals including my course books from
the internals class!)

One other one that I should know but forgot is how to add a user.
Would be nice to set it up properly before I start loading programs
on it.  A lot of languages were available on Prime that you don't
see much anymore and Rosetta Code is just crying out for more examples.

bill