NetBSD on a VAX 3100 (DV-31AT1-A)

David Kuder dk at thewaffleiron.net
Wed Mar 18 09:02:04 CDT 2020

It was pretty bad last time I tried to run NetBSD on my vaxen.  Back around
NetBSD 1.5.2 or something like that I was able to install via mopboot on my
MicroVax 3600 and a few VaxStation 3100's.  Years later I tried to boot it
up again and it couldn't boot without crashing.  I tried a later release
and it wasn't much better.  Install went OK, but the userland code was
compiled with some funky options that caused it to throw invalid
instruction exceptions.  By then I had my VMS hobbyist kit.

-Dave