HPE OpenVMS Hobbyist license program is closing

Chris Elmquist chrise at pobox.com
Tue Mar 10 21:26:45 CDT 2020

And if they went that way, it would be quite a big event in the supercomputing world because HPE now own both of the companies formerly known as SGI and Cray.

Someone on the inside is attempting to explore why this is happening.  If I hear anything, I will report back.

If something positive were to occur, IRIX might be able to be saved too.

Chris
--
Chris Elmquist