Can't Select a Custom Device in Eagle

alan at alanlee.org alan at alanlee.org
Sat Mar 7 11:15:20 CST 2020

It sounds like when you created the symbol in the library editor, you
didn't place what you drew near the center anchor point in the sheet.
Now that that device is place on a real schematic sheet, it's origin
point is located somewhere far away from where you are trying to select.

Both for symbols and packages, Eagle's selection tool only selects the
parts' original cross hairs.

-Alan