Farewell Etaoin Shrdlu

Chris Elmquist chrise at pobox.com
Wed Jun 17 21:28:51 CDT 2020

And Lincoln had MN license plate “ETAOIN” on his rusted out Ford van and one of the other guys in our “wiz kid” bunch had “SHRDLU” on his plates.

We later learned that the Eta were some kind of Spanish terrorist group and so Neil liked that story better— we were going to terrorize the supercomputer world with this ETA-10.

cje
--
Chris Elmquist