Amiga Joke of the Century

Zane Healy healyzh at avanthar.com
Wed Jun 10 23:14:59 CDT 2020

Tuesday night I was reading up to see what it might take to revive either of my Amiga 1200’s.  As it happens, both appear to have fairly common failure modes.  In reading up on the dead video, I learned that it’s often on the Composite Out, but not the monitor.  I bought these two systems around ’97/98.  I plugged the one with the dead video into the Monitor I’m using, and proceeded to use it for about an hour and a half.  It works great with the Gotek floppy emulator.

On a whim, earlier today, when I placed the order with AmigaKit for A3000 batteries, I included the hardware needed to put a IDE-to-CF interface in both the A600 & an A1200, PLUS, a second Gotek. :-)  It looks like I’m going to need them. :-)

Zane