chaos and the LGP-30

Carlos E Murillo-Sanchez ce.murillosanchez at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 17:10:43 CDT 2020

Will Cooke via cctalk wrote:
>> On July 27, 2020 at 7:33 AM Will Cooke via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On July 27, 2020 at 6:44 AM Bill Degnan via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:> Does the code listing exist on the web?Bill>I'm not aware of the code being available anywhere, but I haven't really looked. I did find one paper by Lorenz where he describes his weather forecasting simulations. I can find it again and send a link if anyone wants.
> Here is the link to the paper.  "the Nature and Theory of the General Circulation of the Atmosphere"
> It's 10 MB and 180+ pages.
> http://users.uoa.gr/~pjioannou/historical/Lorenz-1967.pdf

This is more like a research monograph that was published later. The
original paper is

Edward N. Lorenz, "Deterministic Nonperiodic Flow",  Journal of The
Atmospheric Sciences,
Vol. 20, March 1963, pp. 130-141.

It is at multiple locations in the web. One source is:

http://www.astro.puc.cl/~rparra/tools/PAPERS/lorenz1962.pdf

At Cornell I took John Guckenheimer's and Steve Strogatz's courses, in
addition to the more EE-focused nonlinear systems course taught by
Hsiao-Dong Chiang.  Really beautiful stuff.

carlos.