windows program to read papertape from reader through serial port

Bill Degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 09:36:11 CDT 2020

As I think about it, I guess capturing an unknown ASCII 1" tape using 8-bit
(not 7 bit) makes the most sense as this will ensure I get everything.
WHen I compare and contrast I see the 8bit grabs the same data as the 7bit
capture, plus the extra 1 bit tacked on.

I am learning as I go, that's the fun of this hobby.  Learn something new
all of the time.

I am working to extract Honeywell DDP-516 lunder landing data tape
(supposedly).....any Honeywell experts out there want a copy?  SO far I
have done what appears to be the absolute loader (labeled "ABCT") and a
utility called 8X-MEDIC.

My hope it to be able to feed this tape into simH, and learn more about the
Honeywells of the time.  I have a DDP516 front panel and some core memory,
which peaks my interest.

BIll