Compaq Smart Array 3200 Controller as a SCSI Controller

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Wed Jul 15 13:29:59 CDT 2020

On 7/15/20 2:16 AM, Peter Corlett via cctalk wrote:
> ...I'm in the market for a plain SAS HBA for use with ZFS.

Check and see if you can flash the Initiator Target (IT) firmware onto
the RAID card such that it's no longer an Integrated RAID (IR) device.
Thus giving you the HBA mode that you want.

I've done this on a few RAID chip sets built into Supermicro
motherboards and been quite happily running ZFS on them.  }:-)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die