H7821 power supply in MicroVAX 3100, SCSI disk enclosures and others

crufta cat ucespamdump at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 12:29:52 CST 2020

General rule for Elecrolytic caps is age and heat is not their friend.

So the assumption is if it powers up they may be leaky(electrically) or
leaking
and not completely bad so inspection is well advised.

My experience is if powered regularly (at least once a year for a hour or
more)
they seem to behave well.  Same for other electronics (non computer).

Allison