Design flaw in the SCSI spec?

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Wed Jan 8 12:56:05 CST 2020

On 08/01/2020 18:06, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:

> Allowing accountants to do electrical engineering makes just as much
> sense as allowing sociologists to do brain surgery.

Off topic, but allowing accountants to do accountancy isn't always much
better.

I recall the Christmas when our accountant insisted on an inventory of
the electronics repair workshop.  We kept our small components in a bank
of drawers some 1.5m (around 5 feet) wide by about 1m (3 feet or so)
high.  Each drawer is just over 50mm (2") by 50mm.  A drawer would hold
several tens of 1/10W resistors, or some loose transistors or
capacitors, or half a dozen ICs, or...  And he wanted each one counted.
  And a cost given for each single item.  And insisted that estimates
were unacceptable for either count or cost.

A few years later, when the company was about to be wound up, a
colleague and I bought the bank of drawers and several other items for £100.

--
Pete
Pete Turnbull