Emails going to spam folder in gmail

Bill Degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 16:50:36 CST 2020

On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 5:25 PM Liam Proven via cctalk <
cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Dec 2020 at 23:12, Bill Degnan via cctalk
> <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I have noticed the same email addresses' messages routinely end up in the
> > spam folder of gmail.
>
> I have 2 nested folders (labels/tags/whatever) in Gmail:
> classiccmp/talk and classiccmp/tech. In my rule which filters messages
> into those folders, I ticked the box that says never to send messages
> matching the filter to spam.
>
> Problem solved.

Liam,
As I said I can set up a filter but that does not really solve the problem
it compensates for it in the cctalk world only. If you send an email from
an old or incorrectly configured mail server to someone in gmail who does
not have a filter ready to receive your message it will end up in spam and
they won't get it unless they check their spam folder.  If I was using a
mail server that was causing messages to be dumped into the spam folder due
to issues with mail gateway authentication/delivery, I'd want to fix it.
Logical that one would want messages to be received and delivered to the
inbox of the recipient with the highest percentage possible
Bill