Emails going to spam folder in gmail

Bill Degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 16:12:09 CST 2020

Hi,
I have noticed the same email addresses' messages routinely end up in the
spam folder of gmail.  It's no big deal for me to check my spam folder but
it's an extra step and messages can be lost.

For those of you who run your own mail servers please consider updating
your DNS / authentication to match gmail standards.

It's not about making a filter or marking messages as "not spam".  It's
about how the sending mail server communicates with gmail and the "newer"
mail server gateway protocols, etc. so that it's not necessary to make a
filter in the first place.'

There are a lot of how-to's on the web, each mail server is different and
there is no simple fix that applies to all.

Bill