Votrax Type N Talk or PSS, Intextalker, Microvox

Ed Groenenberg ed at groenenberg.net
Wed Dec 2 01:08:38 CST 2020

December 2, 2020 2:23 AM, "Robert Stek via cctalk" <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> If anyone knows of an available unit (at considerably less than the $500
> one on eBay), please let me know. I actually have one SC-01-A and would
> even take a unit missing the Votrax chip - I understand some units were
> scavenged for the chip for several video arcade machines which used them.

I have a SC-01 based unit made by INTEX and is called 'Intex-Talker'.
It also has a RS-232 interface and is a 6502 based device.
I also use it as a 'printer' for demonstrations and is connected to my pdp-11.

    print/que=speech demo1.txt

Still works, and when powered up, it says 'ready'.

Ed
--
Ik email, dus ik besta 😆